Saturday 26 February 2011

Task 5a – My Thoughts on professional Code Of Practice

I decided to do the code of practice in the two main areas of my work at the moment which is as a singer and my part time job as a Pre production assistant.
I have never been given a copy of a code of conduct for either of these areas however as a singer I gained most of my knowledge around code of practice through either training or experience and peer support.  Again my part time job does not have any formal written code of conduct and as I started to write the list I realised there are a lot of similarities across the two areas.  So without seeking any official paperwork or web searching here are my thoughts and format on what I consider are codes of practice/regulation which guide the setting .
Code of conduct for a singer
A singer should:
·         General
o   Maintain and take care of their voice
·         Within a contract
o   Fulfil any contractual obligations
§  Appropriate timekeeping
§  Appropriate Dress code
§  Appropriate notification of absence
o   Should be aware of commercial or legal requirements and or constraints of their contract  i.e. copy right of materials
o   Perform appropriately depending on the role e.g. solo or ensemble
o   Respectful of cast members and peers
Code of Conduct for Pre Production Assistant
An employee should:
·         Wear appropriate attire according to the task e.g.
o   Smart casual when interfacing with the client
o   Casual safe clothing when working in the warehouse
·         Agree weekly work hours and locations
·         Be courteous and respectful to the client
·         Fulfil any confidentiality agreements
·         Comply with Health safety standards and rules
·         Complete accurate time sheets of hours worked and expenses to be claimed
·         Conduct themselves appropriately when on client sites

1 comment:

  1. IS there any relationship of these codes of practice and hose of social research?

    ReplyDelete