Monday 21 March 2011

Award Title

I have been struggling with what I want my award title to be and found it difficult to find the right words that summarise the topic that I want to research.  I did find the SIGs and other people’s blogs and comments helpful in narrowing it down.
I know that the things I want to research include:
·         Impact of costumes on the performer, audience and production
·         Explore what motivates designers and producers
·         How a costume can work for both designer and performer
·         The effects a costume has on personal body image
·         The overlap of theatrical costumes into mainstream fashion and pop music
·         Costumes that are more than just material
I have been looking for a title that showed what I wanted to research and allowed enough scope for me to look into all the areas I want to.  I tried coming up with anything just to see what I thought:
I wrote down lots of titles:
·         Psychology and Costumes
·         Body Image and Costumes
·         Costumes
·         Costume Impact
·         Theatrical Costumes
·         Costume aesthetics
·         Extreme Costumes
·         Costume Concepts
I felt that some of the titles would restrict my research and others were too generic.  Eventually I have decided on this, so let me know what you think.
BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Costume Concepts and Image)

2 comments:

  1. The costume bit is pretty straightforward - the concept and image a little less so - but they are lyrical and relate to the inquiry you hope to do - how do others in your workplace 'read' the title - what do they think you will be doing? ? Concepts and image? You might get closer to the inquiry idea and therefor amend this as that happens. OR does it need a comma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your response. I have not had any response back about the title yet from work or BAPP. I saw 'Costume Concept' and 'image' as 2 differnt things, not 3. I think I was trying to be too focused so I might simplify the title, take Concept out and leave it as: BA (hons) Professional Practice (Costume and Image)

    ReplyDelete