Wednesday 23 May 2012

presentation

Hi guys,

I did my presentation on Thursday and thought I would let you know how it went.  I am also trying to find a way of putting my artifact online so if anyone is interested in identifying what your personal brand I will blog when I find the best way of uploading it.

So my presentation…… having spent every spare moment for the last three weeks working on finalizing my inquiry report and artifact I finally got round to the presentation.  I followed the guidance in the hand book and did 5 slides:
·         Cover page
·         Introduction which was a brief summary of my back ground and how I finally arrived at my topic title (that was not a easy task)
·         My main findings from the inquiry
·         A high level evaluation of the inquiry tools (the highs and lows)
·         Some critical reflection

I am a visual learner so my slides as you can see are mainly pictures that I talked around. 

 

I used skype to present to Paula and Rosemary and despite normally being very comfortable with presentations I had been stressing all week because I needed to get it done before I fly abroad for work and was worried about  the format of the slide pack and what I was going to say.  The night before I think I only had 1 hour of sleep so on the day I was running on adrenalin.  Because it was a subject I had spent the last 8 months researching and I was passionate about, it did not take me long to relax and tell them all about it.  I ran over a little so do keep an eye on the clock when you do yours.  I had my report, artifact and books with me, they were comforting to have but I did not need them. 

I am overseas now so I will miss your presentation but I hope they all go well and congratulations to everyone on completing. 

I will be working on getting my artifact on here so I am hoping this will not be my last blog, but I just wanted to share some wise words of wisdom I was given before my presentation that helped me:
·         Remember you are now the expert on this subject!
·         You have worked long and hard for these 10 minutes so try to enjoy the moment
·         Remember your tutors want you to pass they are not there to trick you and they will only ask questions that will help them understand your topic better
·         After this you can celebrate big time.

Good luck and enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I would be really interested to see your artefact when it is up. All the best for the results.
    Tamsin

    ReplyDelete