Friday 31 December 2010

3d – Critical questions and issues that emerge

The specific ideas that emerge about my networking and how I source information were firstly that I network with people I trust.  I am more cooperative than I give myself credit for but I really need to think about being even more competitive.  Having read the theory I will now stop beating myself up about not networking because I do a lot of it already. I could however broaden my sources and diversify more.
 I feel my engagement in networking is quite unplanned.  I need to be more proactive, maintain contact with past associates and make more effort.  One thing I could start on straight away is using more of the functions of the existing technology available.
I tend to associate with people of the same mind, common interest.  They are in my network because of the way we feel so we share ideas & concerns.
I like to share my ideas and I like to listen to others and I have on occasions changed my mind or grown another interest but the argument has to be sound.  I am not a sheep and just follow the latest trend.  I know what I like but I think if I am feeling lost or confused I need to step back and think if I am doing something because I want to or because I don’t know what else to do.
I think critical reflection does help me decide what really matters and what actions to take but I realise now I am very undisciplined when it come to critical reflection.  I do think a lot but don’t always put it into actions.  I know I can be a lot better at networking if I make the investment in time and actions.
Many of the concepts and theories made a lot of sense to me; however reading did not come easy especially the Social Constructism. I struggled to find relevant practical examples. I am a tactile learner not a theoretical reader.
This module has definitely had an impact.  I am much more aware of what I do and why I do it. I am very conscious that I need to be more disciplined, proactive and more competitive.  I have really enjoyed reading other blogs and appreciate how we all do things differently.  I now need to make more of a habit of writing my reflection about the blogs rather than just thinking about it and I hope this will all contribute to my confidence.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pearl.
    Reading part also did not come so easy to me either. It took me awhile to digest all the theories.
    And, also I tend to spend lots of time in my community of practice. I need to make an effort to break through and to start developing new network with new people! It is not as easy as it sounds though. As I spend whole day with my community once tour starts. It is everyone`s dilemma, even normal relationships are hard to keep in to touch.
    The process of as reflect and re-learn, hopefully I will find a good answer for this! Or any one know already?
    Thanks Pearl.

    ReplyDelete