Sunday 5 December 2010

Task 2b: Reflective Writing

When I started to think about taking a single day and using the frame work from Reid and Moon as a base for the journal day, I decided to pick the day randomly.  When I picked the day I made sure I had enough time in the evening to give it my full attention. 
The day I decided to write about was a month ago now, but I am just finding the time to blog about it.  It was a day when I had an audition that was slightly out of my comfort zone.
Firstly I found I wrote so much more than I have done in my journal on other days.  I don’t know if this is because I made sure I had lots of time to think about it at the end of the day, or because I had different structure and different viewpoints to write from. 
I think because I knew I was going to write about the day in detail, I thought about and reflected on things more as they were happening.  I even made notes of certain things as they came up which I haven’t done before. I found it made writing it up easier because the notes were when the feeling was fresh so it came back to me easily.
It’s not a framework I would like to use every day for my journal. Since then I have continued to research other people’s ways of writing journals.  I did find writing from someone else’s perspective interesting and fun and once I started I found that part easier to write.   I am much more comfortable telling someone else’s story rather than my own.  I haven’t found writing a journal comfortable at all but this view point did help me start.
The part I would consider using again, to help me is the themes.  I found this section quite a positive part and it helped me focus on the good bits of the day.
I don’t think anything major came to light that I did not already know, but it did start to make me feel generally more at ease with the journal writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment